The Karhu Strong 2 Fulcrum Ride is a unique shoe! Below are two perspectives of its performance and suggestions for the type of runner who may benefit most from this exclusive design.
If you are a neutral runner with no pronation, this shoe is not for you. The roll forward-orientated design may feel strange, and the added stabilization could compromise your natural running gate. Never the less, if you are a mid-foot striker the proprietary EVA blend near the middle of the foot provides protective cushioning and maximum resilience helping to propel you into your next stride.
If you have flat, pronated feet and need a high stability shoe, give the Karhu Strong 2 Fulcrum a try!
The Fulcrum roll forward-orientated design may help the heel striker transition from the heel to toe more smoothly and more efficiently. The forefoot is very thin and breathable, which may make you aware of the rocks and inconsistencies during a trail run. If you pronate, the Fulcrum technology works well!
Finally the "glowing" green color is very noticeable - be ready for comments!
Below are the specs of the shoe:
- Breathable air mesh upper vents your working foot so your sweat doesn't form blisters
- Carbon fiber plate provides a rigid structure for the unpredictable road or path ahead
- An EVA forefoot insert promotes health by lining up your metatarsal heads while you run
- The breathable Ortholite footbed cradles your foot and manages sweating
- Compression-molded and blown rubber make up the outsole, which includes flex zones so you stay in contact with the road through your stride
- Reflective logos keep you visible to drivers during dawn or dusk runs